Re: 5 speed Tranny

To: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed Tranny
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:21:51 -0400
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At 08:58 PM 9/11/99 -0400, Bob Danielson wrote:

>I just read in one of the classic car mags (having a senior moment and can't
>remember which one!)  that XKs Unlimited (www.xks.com) in California is now
>offering 5 speed transmissions for Triumphs. There's no mention of it on
>their web site yet, but I think the price in the magazine ad was around
>$1300. .I'm guessing they're using the Toyota ones like that outfit in New
>Zealand.
>Bob Danielson
>1975 TR6 - current status at
>http://pages.cthome.net/BobD

Bob,

Actually, I think XK Unlimited has become a US distributor for the New
Zealand company.  And they are also supplying the Toyota gearbox in the
price.  I thought the price was higher than that.  Everything from them is
super expensive.   The Jaguar crowd has endless $$$.

Brian Sanborn

62 TR4 CT16260L - Groton, MA
My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html