"HOT" GT6+...running lean? Using lotsa fuel? backfiring?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "HOT" GT6+...running lean? Using lotsa fuel? backfiring?
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:53:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm pretty sure I have a fueling problem. With the overheating, I've assumed
I'm running lean, but the car seems "burpy"...backfiring kinda burps at idle
as well as on the run. That's excess fuel right...not running lean? Also
fuel consumption is high (rich vs. lean?) and the rear carb drips fuel when
it starts from the vacuum nipple underneath (float wrong?)

More opinions needed.

ken shapiro