Broken TR6 Clutch Fork Pin

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Richard Radasch <miles@anet-stl.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Broken TR6 Clutch Fork Pin
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:47:38 -0400
Richard A. Radasch wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm in the middle of my first clutch replacement.  When I was ordering
parts, one of the
>catalogues mentioned that the standard clutch fork pins were vulnerable to
cracking, and they
>recommended a high-strength replacement, which I ordered.  When removing
t!
>he old one today, it was cracked with the stem still stuck inside.
<<<<<<< Snip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Thanks in advance,
>Richard Radasch
>St. Louis, MO
>TR6 1973

I am told that there is a small hole in the fork opposite the hole into
which the pin is inserted.  One can take a small punch and insert it
into this hole and drive the broken piece out.

Try it and get the car back together in time for the car show this
weekend.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3