Re: TR6: SU carb dripping

To: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: TR6: SU carb dripping
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Rob Christopher wrote:

> I was greeted by the sight of gas dripping at a high rate from the
> bottom of the jet of the front carb.  Said drips would land on the wheel
> arch and splash onto the hot manifold.  Where's that fire
> extinguisher?!?!

Try tightening up the nut that holds the float bown onto the carb body.
If that nut is loose it lets all the gas out of the floats.  If it is
tight, you're looking at a minor rebuild (re-seal), not much work, but it
takes a few evenings.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm