Watkins Glen

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: dncullig@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:32:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Robert Carley wrote:
>I was at Watkin's Glen this weekend for the Zippo Vintage Grand
>Prix,...
   I was there also. I did see a TR6 (dark blue?) with Ontario plates parked
down behind the
bleachers on turn 1 on Saturday (was that you?), but I was headed somewhere at
the time and
couldn't stop to look for the owner.  I was camped all weekend in the trees on
the back straight
just before the "inner Loop". I entered my car in the "Antique Auto Exhibition"
Saturday (along
with LOTS of TR6s and other LBCs) and got to do 2 'parade' laps - no matter how
often I get to
do this, it's a real blast driving on the track.  They kept slowing us down on
the back straight
but I got to turn it loose a couple of times - seeing turn 1 (90 degrees) coming
up while doing
upwards of 80MPH on street tires is a bit scary.
   Sorry we didn't get together - there's always next year...

Dennis Culligan /'76 TR6  CF57948U - TR6IUMPH / Highland ,NY/
DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM