RE: Cleaning Nuts & Bolts

To: "'BennettDat@aol.com'" <BennettDat@aol.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cleaning Nuts & Bolts
From: "Zempel, David W" <david.w.zempel@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:02:50 -0700
Bob,
I used to use a wire wheel but I got tired of getting the bits and pieces of
crud all over the wall, floor, and myself.  Not to mention the occasional
zinger, a constant reminder or why I ware safety glasses.  The simple green
doesn't give you that shiney look, however, it doesn't remove any plating
either.  As for rust, you don't have a choice.  It's the wheel or toss it.
If I can replace the piece with a new one, I'll take the new one.  A rusty
bolt is worthless anyway, regardless of authenticity.

Dave.

Sold my TR4, now I'm a DPO.