RE: Heater Control Valve

To: cpike@cpass.net, davidt@opentext.com
Subject: RE: Heater Control Valve
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:01:14 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
FWIW, I don't know anything about Spits or GT6s, but I think I read recently
that the GT6 head was derived from the 5/250/6 head with some modification.
And given that the tendancy was to use a lot of the same parts between
models, I wouldn't be suprised if the same valve is on the TR six's. I just
put a new one on my engine, and can dig up the old one for you if it is the
same one. I think I got the new one from TRF. Tonight I'll check that book I
was reading again.

BTW, the one on my MGA looks awfully similar except for the way it connects
to the head.
Mark