Re: Oil Filter Adapter TR6

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Adapter TR6
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:15:50 -0400
Cc: Robert Laing <robertla@interchange.ubc.ca> charset=ISO-8859-1
Robert Laing writes:

>I was pondering changing my original oil filter set-up to the easier screw
>on adapter oil filter.  What is the general concensus on this?  Thanks!

>Take Care,
>Rob Laing
>76 TR6
>Vancouver B.C.

Bob,

I put one on my TR6 about 10 years ago and I couldn't be happier.
Not only is changing the filter easier and the filters available
everywhere but the adapter mounts the filter in a position
where the oil doesn't drain out each time the engine is shut off.
Oil pressure builds up much more quickly than before.

Just my opinion.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3