Help with Shipping

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with Shipping
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:51:25 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been trying to find a number of parts to complete a 1966 TR4A
restoration. Namely a Boot (trunk) lid and a pair of Leather seats in black
with white piping.
No luck with the seats yet so if someone has a pair?????.
I have however found a reportedly good condition boot lid at Triumphs Only
Inc. in San Jose California priced at $175. (The price seems OK to me any
views on this?)
The problem is how to have it shipped to me in the UK at reasonable cost it
is not exactly the kind of thing you can put in the postal system.
Triumphs Only did say that they could send it in a friends container with
other items bound for UK but will not commit themselves to a date or the
port of entry or how much it will cost! Sounds a little 'hit and miss' to
say the least.
The nearest port to my home address is Liverpool which has a very large
container base called Seaforth. The thought occurred to me that there may be
someone on 'the list' that has contact with an exporter operating containers
from California through Liverpool or is that too much to ask?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Anyone reading this in UK that has a secondhand, rustfree, unrepaired boot
lid for a TR4 for sale please email
Regards from Wales
Dixie