Re: Home bead blasting - practical?

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Subject: Re: Home bead blasting - practical?
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 00:22:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cliff,
You don't want to blast the panels in your garage- Don't ask ME why!-
I bought good but not expensive blast silica from an outfit called
Northern Tool & Equipment- a couple of 100# bags, blasted my panels in
the driveway, swept up most of the sand, filtered it through a couple of
window screens and then back into the pressure pot again until it just
would n't cut anymore, then it was spread in the garden.  This method
will usually keep you at such low pressures that you minimize the
distortion risk from your own set up- which is significantly increased
with the 'commercial' operators pressure.
You should also weigh in the time it will take to complete the job as
well as be prepared to prime the surface immediately after blasting to
protect the metal from further oxidation.
cheers,
--
Frank U
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible