Re: Use ramps? why not

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Use ramps? why not
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-21 13:06:51 EDT, Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca writes:

<< I have used ramps on all the LBC's that I've owned: Spit, TR-6, MGB and
GT-6.
 Never had a taildragging experience yet.  Have also backed most if not all of
 the  cars onto the ramps when needed. >>

I also have not had a problem using ramps - forward or backwards - mine are
homemade - total height is equal to the thickness of 3 pressure treated
2"x10"'s screwed together (~ 4 1/2").  The ramp angle cut on the front of the
bottom 2x10 is 30 degrees which reduces the chances of skidding the ramp
across the floor.  If I need more room underneath, I position the ramps on
the garage apron ramp so the car straddles the dip in the apron between the
garage and driveway.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3 FDU78512L