Re: Proper location for jack stands...

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proper location for jack stands...
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:42:38 -0700
Day.John@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> I save a little effort by using 'ramps' of my own made out of 2 2x10 pieces of
>
> wood, the top piece about a foot long and the bottom piece about 18" long,
> all with bevelled edges.

I have the same set up, only with three levels... same sytem as I use for
leveling a camper.  It's easier than ramps and quicker than jackstands when you
don't need to pull a wheel.

There is a curb (kerb to the Brits) about 4' deep and 5" high across the back of
the garage.  I use a couple of these boards to run one end of the car up on the
curb, then come back out & up using the boards on the other end of the car...
net effect is to raise the whole car about 5" which is enough for most routine
mid-car work (brake cables, gearbox drain, etc).

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A