Minilite Lug Nuts

Subject: Minilite Lug Nuts
From: Scott Swanberg <sswan60@att.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 10:11:20 -0500
I just bought a set of Minilites for my GT6.  As I mentioned in a
posting last week, and as confirmed in the replies to it, the wheels
have the wrong lug nuts.  The lug nuts supplied had shanks .68" in
diameter and .80" long.  I couldn't get a perfect measurement with my
calipers but it appears the holes in the wheels are .81" in diameter.  I
checked out an 'on line' lug nut catalogue and they had no such lug
nut.  The standard mag lug nut seems to be .68" in diameter.

Are the correct lug nuts, with a diameter of .80", available?  Could
someone give me a source?  Or, do I need to turn a set of bushings to
take up the space?  Or, am I reading this all wrong, after all, I am new
to this mag wheel scene.

PS - the lug nuts supplied do have washers but they look distorted, I'll
probably need a new set of these also.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN