Re: TR4A Sputtering / Loss of Power on Highway

To: aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Sputtering / Loss of Power on Highway
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:52:05 EDT
In a message dated 27-Sep-99 10:18:32 Eastern Daylight Time,
aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com writes:

> I suspect a fuel delivery problem.  I seem to recall a thread about setting
>  the floats in the bowls.  I have installed Grosse Jets and have never felt
>  that setting up the floats per the manual is giving the desired result so
>  this may be a problem. Anyone have any comments here?
>
>  I'm going to replace my in-line fuel filter a lunch to see if that is
>  creating a restriction.  What else should I check?
>  Regards ..... Andy

Andy, check the ignition circuitry.  Had the same problem a few years ago.
It was a partially broken wire between the coil and the distributor.  Was
making and breaking contact intermittently.  Appeared at certain engine RPM
vibrations.  I couldn't see the break at first.  Cheers.

Art Kelly