No Subject

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: No Subject
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:17:35 EDT
<<Things to consider:

The car hadn't been driven for 2 years during the rebuild (carbs were
rebuilt a few years earlier)

The engine has less than 100 miles on it

The gas, although it has stabilizer in it is also about 2 years old

I suspect a fuel delivery problem.  I seem to recall a thread about setting
the floats in the bowls.  I have installed Grosse Jets and have never felt
that setting up the floats per the manual is giving the desired result so
this may be a problem. Anyone have any comments here?

I'm going to replace my in-line fuel filter a lunch to see if that is
creating a restriction.  What else should I check?
Regards ..... Andy.>>

...I say drain as much of the old gas from the tank as possible  (disconnect
hose near fuel pump and get it as low to ground as possible for siphon
effect). Put in high octane good brand like Chevron fresh gas and maybe
replace inline filter. I've had good luck with adjusting the floats according
to Factory manual but I don't use Grose jets. If you have Strombergs I would
check rubber diaphrams for splits.
Good luck
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74