Trans Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trans Rebuild
From: SpeedSites@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:43:09 EDT
Ok listers-

I am gonna wrench my malfunctioning trannie out of the TR6 this week. It was
"chip-chip-chipping" away in gears 1 and 2, so I think the laygear and
perhaps second are shot.

My questions: I do not have time to try this myself (beleive me, with my
mechanicla abilities I'm doind you all a favor!)-- what is a fair price (in
round numbers- I know it depends on what exactly is wrong) for the labor
involved in a rebuild?

There are lots of allegedly "qualified"  private mechanics (read,
work-at-home) in the LA area who work for about $40 per hour. Friends have
had good results.

Thanks for any input.

Rod Pyle
69 TR6