Re: TRF 10% not 25% off

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Subject: Re: TRF 10% not 25% off
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 07:23:44 -0700
Cc: Pete Ryner <pryner@ij.net>, CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Cliff,

The glove box companion was an extended sale catalog.  Inside the cover of my
TR6 glove box companion, there is a box about prices being from the 1996 price
list and only being in effect until year end (of 1996).  I expect you will find
a very similar statement in the TR4 glove box catalog.

The notation they use in this catalog with list and your price is the same as
all the other sale catalogs.  To complain about the prices in the glove box
catalog being off is not fair.  I can take any sale catalog from three years ago
and make the same statements.  That said, the glove box companion catalogs are a
handy reference for quickly finding a part and about how much it will cost and I
will continue to keep mine around to compliment the larger books.

TRF if you see this - if you still give out the glove box books, how about a
sticker on the cover saying the prices are no longer accurate and please see the
current price list.

In fairness to the other suppliers, I now use the Moss catalog more than before
because the prices are now included in the parts list (Peter - you can tell
someone they made a good decision).  Of course, Victoria British has been that
way as long as I've had my TR.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6