Re: TRF 10% not 25% off - OK Enough, Canadian content

Subject: Re: TRF 10% not 25% off - OK Enough, Canadian content
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:23:28 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,

...not yet in digest mode (Mark isn;t answering? , oh well, I'll just <del>
for a while)

RE TRF,

The LAST time this happened I did a very careful study of the prices in the
"new" and "old" catalogues.  Remember, TRF does not always publish a new
price list.  When they do, often the parts' price rise is between 10 and 15
percent.  And,  it would need to make sense to reprint ONLY when enough of
the higher priced stock would move to offset the printing and mailing cost
of another price list.

The last time I recall, the offer was "either 25% off the new price list" or
"10% off the old" - insert colors here.

In my case,  in the process of a full GT6 rebuild,  it came out the same,
whatever "discount" you wished to call it.  The true comparisons are only to
competitors like Moss and VB.  BTW,  TRF was about 13-15% lower than Moss on
most of my desirables, but my local Moss distributor matched the prices and
did the dirty work for me.  Remember also that "Free shipping" does not
count for us North of 49.

If you guys are really interested in deals, perhaps you should look at
Canadian sale prices where ,in addition to sales, you also get 30% currency
discount! (costs me 50% to buy 'merican, PLUS shipping)

Dave T