Re: Alternator Upgrade

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator Upgrade
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:51:27 -0700
I've recent replaced my alternator belt and it was a squeeze but I got it past
the fan and cross member without too much of a fuss. Like another member noted,
your motor mounts may be squashed as I've recently rplaced one of mine(exhaust
side) due to its squashed distorted state and the other is in good shape. That
may be why I was successful in changing the belt without any tricks. That
aside, I agree, the motor has to be jacked up most likely(use a block of wood
to spread out the load on the oil pan or ..else). Just lift it enough to get
the belt past the member. Good luck.