substitutes for obsolete TR6 parts??

To: "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: substitutes for obsolete TR6 parts??
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:30:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on garnet.sover.net)who from tempa15.bf.sover.net [207.136.202.15] 207.136.202.15Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:33:51 -0400 (EDT)
The felt strips on the gas tank and the sound deadening pads glued to the
body below the gas tank as shown in the TRF catalogs are no longer
available. The sound deadening pads I scraped off were brittle and
disintegrated. The boot is freshly painted and ready for the finishing
touches before re-installing the gas tank. The TRF catalog describes the
felt as not holding water. They also warn against using foam. I assume they
are referring to carpet underlayment. Does anyone have suggestions for
replacements of these non-available parts?

Thanks!
Winnie
'72 TR6
'79 Spit