Re: substitutes for obsolete TR6 parts??

To: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>, "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: substitutes for obsolete TR6 parts??
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:36:17 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Winnie et al,

BS those strips do not hold water!

FYI, I have found that "camping matress" - the blue stuff you buy for about
$6-10 would make enough for entire car show.  I have used it successfully in
the past as its' only real purpose is to keep the backing board aperate from
the tank.

If you desire a "vibration dampener", try using "Q pads"  - essentially
asphalt strips with glue.  They are used to quiet resonances in door panels,
etc (oem) and in custom autosound.  Available for a couple o bucks each at
your local paint supplier!  Cut them in strips and place on the "top half"
of the tank.  I suspect resonances are only present as the tank empties.

Of course, both ofthe above would be frowned upon by the trailer queen
owners  - who just might remove the turnk liner to make sure the corect
"NLS" strips  are indeeed there (really really B.G  :)))))))>    )

Dave T
Winnipeg