RE: Spit 1500 electric tach....can you use in a TR250?

To: "D & A Jesudowich" <dannij@localnet.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Vintage Triumph Register List" <vtr@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spit 1500 electric tach....can you use in a TR250?
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 08:05:08 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Alex,

If the TR6 used the same size guage as the TR250... the TR6 tach is about 6"
in diameter and the Spit unit is only about 4 or 4.5".

And.... the Spit tach is designed for a 4 cylinder.  If you can get used to
your tach reading 50% high.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Smith's hadn't done an electric tach in the right
style/dimensions as your TR250.

Or most autoparts chains have an inexpensive tach available.

Cheers,

Jim