paint questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: paint questions
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 08:26:07 -0600
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
My 78 Spitfire is back to its original Carmine Red, and it looks pretty good for
a first time effort, but I got a little orange peeling on part of the
hood/bonnet, where I must have gotten spray a too far away.  I used a
polyurethane paint (not clear coat).  My question for you paint experts is:

1. can I sand the affected area and repaint, or do I need to resand the entire
hood?

2. Will I need to shoot the sealer again?

Any other tips concerning getting a good respray will be appreciated.

Richard The Red (hands, that is)