Bob Villa's Auto Tips

To: "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bob Villa's Auto Tips
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:36:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)who from arc4a87.bf.sover.net [209.198.82.217] 209.198.82.217Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:38:10 -0500 (EST)
Just watched an episode where Bob is building (ya right..) having the
contractors build a garage/workshop. I believe it was for Lynn St.James. She
was the first (only?) women to race at Indy. They discuss the workshop
layout then discuss cars. Since the shop will also be for car storage she
describes the proper way to store a car.

Her advice was to get the car off the wheels so that they dont "flat-spot".
That's pretty common knowledge. What surprised me was that she recommended
supporting the car at the axles/suspension points so that everything remains
compressed. She used the term "static". Her advice was to not support the
car at the frame with the suspension "dangling".

What are listers techniques for "setting UP" the car over the winter?

Today may have been the last "top-down" day till spring.

Winnie