Starter problem

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter problem
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <costan0@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:54:01 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

I was having problems with my starter, it was killing the battery every time
I tried to start the car.  Even with a fully charged battery, the starter
would just barely turn over.   I just took the starter out and the cotter
pin and nut off the end has disappeared into the bell housing.  Actually, I
am not sure what else is missing.   I need your help.

Can someone fax me a diagram of the late TR3A starter (without the bull
nose) from a parts book.   My manual does not have a complete picture.

Also,   Any ideas how to retrieve those parts missing.   I can get to the
flywheel but can't fish anything out with the magnet that I have.

Jerry
60 TR3A
916-791-2569  FAX
916-791-2517   office