RE: GT6 Gearboxes

Subject: RE: GT6 Gearboxes
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:55:38 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
David,

I've heard other GT6 owners complain about losing 2nd gear... typically that
syncro takes the most abuse when drivers launch off the line.  Not
necessarily you... that drivetrain's been around 26 years now.

One possibility is that the clutch is not totally disengaging, and it
doesn't take much of an rpm mismatch to cause the grind.

Triumph was kind enough to provide a bit of adjustment on the Spitfire
slave... don't recall seeing that option on the GT6 though.

Is the synchro on it's way out?  Sounds like it's getting there.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas TX