how loud is a Monza setup?

To: Triumphcars <Triumphcars@onelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: how loud is a Monza setup?
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:47:24 -0500
Many thanks to all who've responded to my questions about GT6 steering
slop & tire recommendations.  Too many responses to list individually,
boy this is a great list!

Now I've got another one.  The PO (or, more likely, the PPO) installed
an aftermarket exhaust.  I *think* it's a Monza, it has 2 pairs of
pipes angled up in back, and has a very "flat" section to the baffle
box.  The trouble is, I've never seen another Monza, I'm just comparing
to drawings on SpitBits's web page.

BOY is it LOUD!  I don't mean sporty, I mean THUNDEROUS.  After 10 miles,
my ears are ringing, and I've taken to wearing earplugs.  This has to
change.  The trouble is, I don't want to install a Monza and find out
that the old one really was a Monza too, and have the new one end up
just as loud.  So, were there others available at some time in the past
that looked like Monzas?  Is there any way to tell, by examination, what's
actually installed?  Neeless to say, it's pretty far gone cosmetically
and I don't see any identifying marks anywhere.

TIA!
--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.          quantum mechanics