Re: OK! more tire recommendation?

To: Ken & Beth <bethken@erols.com>
Subject: Re: OK! more tire recommendation?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:32:46 -0500
Cc: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>, Triumphcars <Triumphcars@onelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken & Beth wrote:

> Doug;
>
> I'm curious in the answers you get. I too wanna put either Minilites or
> Panasports on my GT6+. As to tires, I think that 185s might rub, and 60
> series seem too low...change speedo/tach too much and make the wheel wells
> look cavernous. I'm sticking to 175/70s.

Doug was planning on purchasing 14" wheels instead of the standard 13", so the
60
series tire would be 'right' for him.  Check out:
http://powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi/
as a good site to quickly calculate tire diameters.  Keep in mind that
differences
will result from one brand to another.  Don't assume all 175-70/13's will be
the same
diameter.  To be truely sure of the size before you buy, contact the tire
manufacturer
and as for the 'rolling radius'.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars