Re: Electric fans/TR3s...help wanted.

To: "thom kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric fans/TR3s...help wanted.
From: "Lawrence Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:35:49 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well Thom,
You have raised a really good question, no the unit is not factory, all
Triumphs used a mechanical fan.  The slot you refer to is, I suspect is an
adjustment to the temp sending unit.  You may run a set of jumpers straight
to the fan and test the unit, and yes they do go bad.  My son had two new
units go bad on his truck with in 3 months, he was not a happy camper.  My
suggestion to you is to find a replacement mechanical fan and re-install it,
that way you don't have to relay on a relay to make the fan work.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas