RE: What is that thing?

To: Tim Hickey <tjhickey@gatecity.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What is that thing?
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:24:57 +0000
>===== Original Message From Tim Hickey <tjhickey@gatecity.com> =====
>On my 1973 TR6 restoration project there is a small metal tag that is pop
>riveted to the left side of the windscreen frame on the inside.  It is
>about midway up the side, and on top of the black trim piece. It is about
>1.5 inches long, or so, and looks to me like someone has broken off the tag
>(?) by bending it back and forth.
>Was this a parts identification tag from the factory?  A VIN tag?  For the
>life of me I can't see what function such a thing would serve.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
Is on my 74 as well, was suggested to be  a vin tag, however, its completely
blank and it doesn't really look as if someone filed the number off, much
easier to rip it off anyway

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048