Re: What is that thing?

To: tjhickey@gatecity.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is that thing?
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:07:19 EST
My tag was also missing and i was a little worried about not having the vin
tag on the windsheild. So I made a replacement. I got some thin hobby
aluminum from the local hardware store and with the help of my vise and a
round hunk of metal I hammered a   piece of the proper size into shape ( I
had an original one to go by) I stamped the numbers in with a 1/4 inch stamp
set. I even "aged" it by painting it black and then rubbing it with steel
wool till some of the paint was worn away. I dare say you couldn't tell it
from the original.
                                           Cheers

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784