Re: 74 TR6-Gas Gage and Temp. Gage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 TR6-Gas Gage and Temp. Gage
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:20:37 -0600
For a while, I kept a wooden yard stick in my trunk.
If anybody would ask, "how much gas do you have?"
I would poke the stick down in the tank
 and I would answer, "About six inches."
My vote is the voltage stabilizer.  Be careful to not mix up all
those green wires.  Make sure the unit is grounded to the
back of the speedo. (if not the gauges will read too high.
Brian

Mike Mason wrote:

>This was also the case on my 73 when I purchased it.  I finally got all
>the other guages to work but those two.  After I had checked the wires, I
>replaced the voltage regulator and the temp guage promptly came to life.
>The gas guage still did not move, so I figured it was broken.
>
>I ran up to the corner and promptly ran out of gas.  THEN I figured out
>why the gas guage wasn't reading anything...Duhhh
>
>I am sure others have said it, but after checking the wires, replace the
>voltage regulator ( and check the gas manually!!)   ;-)
>
>Michael

          NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I