vibrations

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: vibrations
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 06:59:56 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Listers, on this drive line thread, this happened to me yesterday. Received
a front drive shaft yoke and coupling from Mike F. in Conn, took it to the
drive train shop locally for a balance job on it, and he discovered the rear
yoke had a little more play in it than it should have, and his
recommendation was do not use it anymore. My point in this is this shaft is
almost 50 years old and wear has to be looked at a little closer, I feel
this saved me another unplanned roadside pit stop, I was only going to
replace the front u-joint, and not the entire shaft. Preventive maintenance
even by accident is still preventive maintance.  FWIW = Mike F. now has the
other half on the way.  "FT"