Tires for GT6 w/Minilites

Subject: Tires for GT6 w/Minilites
From: Scott Swanberg <sswan60@att.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:39:39 -0600
OK, I finally got the set of old Minilites I purchased late this summer
installed on my '67 GT6.  Yes, they look GREAT.  At ~70mph however I
start getting vibrations.  Based on previous experiences with this type
of vibrations at this speed range I'm pretty sure the old tires that
came on the Minilites are shot.

Now this question has been asked many times, and I even searched the
archives, but maybe not this exact combination.  What size tires should
I put on my 6"x13" Minilites on a '67 GT6 with slightly lowered front
(330 lb springs) and converted swing spring rear (still no rotoflexs)?
I'm not interested in altering sheet metal to get something to fit.  The
Minilites had 175/70 Goodrich T/As on them which seemed to fit.  Can I
go to 185s?  It would be nice to take advantage of the 6" wheel width.
How about a different aspect ratio, say 60 series?

Thanks.  Sorry about the rehash, hope my set up is slightly different
and warrants my posting.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'67 GT6