Decal Placement & VTR SE

To: <JMHaas@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Decal Placement & VTR SE
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:32:09 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Jan, as I sent you off list, I'm also looking for placement of the TR6
decals.  I am also looking for placement of the small British Leyland
insignia(???) that go on the rear of the front fenders (dog legs) just in
front of the doors.  They were missing when I bought the car.  It's kind of
like putting a big jigsaw puzzle together, as my car was mostly stripped for
painting when I bought it.  I brought as much home in the back of my truck
as came on the dolly.  I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions of the
list in the near future.

Also, My wife and I were at the VTR SE Conference in Lake City.  It was a
first for my wife and I.  We had a great time, but didn't know what we were
really getting into.  We have owned MGs for a while now, and been to
numerous "British Car Shows", but nothing like the VTR SE conference in Lake
City.  To anyone new to the VTR conferences, a word of advice, register for
the event, even if your not showing a car.  We thought it was going to be a
show like we had previously attended, but it was much more.  We thought you
only registered to show a car.  We attended the auction on Friday, and the
Concourse on Saturday, but we really missed out on a lot by not registering.
We were made very welcome by our hosts and enjoyed talking with many Triumph
enthusiasts.  Hopefully next year we'll have our car with us (not going to
be show quality, just a daily driver) and be more knowledgeable to enjoy the
whole event.  I think the hosts did an outstanding job and it was an
outstanding event.  Next year's will have a lot to live up to, but good lord
willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll be there.

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (getting ready to paint)
74 MG Midget (daily driver, but needing work)