New Member & Info on Outlook Express Virus Protection

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member & Info on Outlook Express Virus Protection
From: "Anthony Imperioli" <anthonyi@wmd.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:50:21 -0500
Hello to all,
 I am a new member to the Triumph list; but I have owned British Sports cars
since 1963..currently I still have a 1947 MG TC, 1960 Austin Healy 3000
2-seater, 1960 Triumph TR 3A, and 1967 TR4A-IRS; sold my  1958 MGA, 1951
MGTD, 1952 Morgan, 1959 Austin Healy 3000.

I am also passing along some info on a company in which I own stock because
they are a leader in internet security and virus protection.  I am not
pushing the stock, but the company is a good one....check it out.
                                                                Anthony
Imperioli
                                                                 Va.. Beach,
Va..
--------------------------------------

Aladdin's eSafe Technology PopsBubbleboy Vandal

November 11, 1999 08:05 AM
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 11, 1999--

Exclusive Sandbox Technology Originally Designed to Stop Hostile Activity
Resulting From Malicious Code Like BubbleBoy and Relatives

Aladdin Knowledge Systems ALDN , a global leader in the field of Internet
content and software security, today verified its eSafe(TM) product line
blocks the newly identified "BubbleBoy" vandal from attacking computer
systems, as well as blocking similar hostile computer code. As the first
Internet security vendor to draw attention to vandals -- auto-executable
malicious code such as BubbleBoy -- Aladdin developed eSafe from its
inception to counter hostile activity and trap vandals instead of simply
scanning for known viruses. To verify that their system is configured to
protect against vandals such as BubbleBoy, users of the eSafe product line,
which includes eSafe Gateway(TM), eSafe Enterprise(TM) and eSafe
Desktop(TM), should visit the eSafe web site at http://www.esafe.com.

Unlike viruses, which can reside in e-mail attachments that must be opened
to activate the virus, vandals like BubbleBoy execute automatically upon
entry into a network or a PC. These vandals have the potential to wreak
havoc by changing system settings, emailing sensitive information or
destroying files before detection. While Aladdin's eSafe was developed from
the ground up to stop auto-executable vandals, the BubbleBoy vandal, which
has also been referred to as a "worm," is unlike anything anti-virus vendors
have faced because the hostile code is not embedded in an e-mail attachment.
Instead, users of Microsoft's Outlook(R) or Outlook Express(R) activate the
vandal through the simple act of opening their e-mail. An embedded Visual
Basic Script command will install a malicious program in the Windows StartUp
folder that emails the Vandal code to all entries in Outlook's address book
upon the next system boot. Taking advantage of Outlook's automatic preview
function, BubbleBoy can now replicate by executing a malicious program
embedded in HTML formatted emails.

Aladdin's eSafe approach to protection has been revolutionary because it
monitors the network or PC for malicious or inappropriate activity, in
addition to searching for signatures of recognized viruses and malicious
content. When abnormal activity is detected -- such as an attempt to install
unauthorized programs in the Windows StartUp folder, alter systems files, or
access documents on the hard drive -- eSafe's "Sandbox" technology
automatically blocks the action, preventing damage. Once the offending code
is neutralized, eSafe notifies the user of the blocked action. Because eSafe
proactively monitors all system activity, rather than scanning for
pre-defined or recognized malicious code, it is able to stop entire classes
of vandals and viruses before damage occurs.

"eSafe was the first to identify vandals and their potential to damage,
steal or destroy data and applications, often without the user even being
aware of a problem. Many other security applications search for signatures
of known malicious code before taking action," said Kevin Gorman, President
of Aladdin's Internet Security Unit. "It's like a police checkpoint:
historically anti-virus products have used lists of known license plates,
comparing the cars that went through the checkpoint with their lists. eSafe
is different as it looks for and stops all illegal activities, without
caring who initiated them. By focusing on the action, not the signature, we
stop malicious activity more effectively, curing the symptom while we kill
the disease."

Each of the eSafe products, including eSafe Gateway(TM), eSafe
Enterprise(TM) and eSafe Desktop(TM), are available for download at
http://www.esafe.com, and as shrink-wrapped products.

About Aladdin

Aladdin ALDN is a global leader in securing digital content, from
applications software to Internet use and access. Aladdin's products include
HASP and Hardlock, software security systems that protect the revenues of
developers and publishers; Privilege, a software licensing platform for the
Internet; the eSafe line of anti-vandal, anti-virus and content filtering
software for PCs and networks connected to the Internet; and eToken for
Internet security and authentication. Aladdin serves its customers through
eight offices located in the world's major software markets as well as a
network of 50 distributors serving more than 100 countries. For more
information, visit the Aladdin web site at www.aks.com

All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their
respective holders.

CONTACT: Aladdin Knowledge Systems, Inc. Tom Crowley, 847/808-0300 ext. 114
Tom.Crowley@us.aks.com www.eAladdin.com or McGrath/Power Public Relations
Press: Scott VanSickle, 408/727-0351 scottv@mcgpr.com or Amber Carso,
408/727-0351 amberc@mcgpr.com or Investor Relations: Morgen-Walke Associates
Inc. Rich Schineller/Victor Shalom, 212/850-5600 rschineller@morgenwalke.com

Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy © 1996-1999 Microsoft Corporation and/or
its suppliers. All rights reserved.

© 1999 Business Wire