TR 6 cylinder heads and gaskets

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 cylinder heads and gaskets
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:46:22 +1000
The previous postings on this seem to have missed the fact that triumph
changed the water flow 3 times on the big 6 head to try and and stop
hot spots developing and for which they had to limit compression and
spark advance (& therfore hp).

Whislt you can freely interchange gaskets on flat block cars, there are
2 different head & block combinations on 2500's. Ideally, make sure the
head and block are from the same era.

Fianlly , on the subject of Mobil 1 and lubes, i can comment that we
have run our race 2500 engines on this for years with absolutely no
ill-effect

Terry O'Beirne
GT6 racer 2500 racer, TR5 etc etc