PI TR6 oil pressure

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: PI TR6 oil pressure
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:29:03 +0200
Another query, and my apologies if this has been asked before, but I
can't find it anywhere.

My 74 TR6 PI seems to have erratic oil pressure. When it's cold, or hot
at anything above about 1000 rpm, the oil pressure gauge reads about
80psi. When it is hot and idling, however, the pressure drops to around
25psi. This doesn't happen at cold idle.

I am still a novice with this stuff (although learning fast!), but this
seems to me like a big swing in pressure. Is it normal, and if not, what
can I do about it?

Thanks

Paul
74 TR6 - CR6233O