Re: I've had an idea!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I've had an idea!
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:59:06 -0800 (PST)
--- GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out something that very few others seemed to be aware of!
> But that isn't quite what we had in mind.
>
> Firstly, the cars on their own, are not quite as interesting as the cars with
>
> their owners, ie: allowing the listers to actually see one another! (g)
> Secondly, tiny thumbnails are surely more inviting than just a line of text.
> Thirdly, the owners name is not very clear from the text-link
> And lastly, the site itself is almost invisible, as proven by the fact that
> you seemed to be about the only one who knew about it!!!
>
> However, it was, and is interesting, the cars thereon are fascinating, (they
> are after all Triumphs!) (mostly), and your photos on your own website are
> particularly good, as your superb TR4 can actually be seen doing something,
> other than sitting at the side of the road!
>
> Whilst not attempting to re-invent the wheel, I think there is room for
> something more to be done for/by listers to represent their cars, by making
> decent photos available for fellow listers to see on the net? (preferably of
> their cars in motion, and/or a clear photo of the lister with their car(s).

For what it's worth, this is what I am attempting to implement on my own
website, albeit for TR4 and TR4A only.  So far I only have two entries in my
Photo Gallery, but all owners of these cars are invited to submit pictures to
be included, and I will continue to add them until I run out of space.

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS
http://www.gecities.com/Heartland/Valley/5405