Re:

To: Chris Kincer <KincerC@area.abcbank.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:45:51 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
CHRIS, I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE INTAKE HISS........Sounds like classis
lean stumble.With the motor OFF,
(with your problem you'll loose your eyebrows with the engine running.)
take a look down the throat of each intake (Air filter removed )As you
open the throttle you should see a stong squirt of gasoline from the
accelerator jet(s) Cracking the throttle open quickly, they should
squirt for about one to one and a half seconds.If that's OK, you are
jetted too lean or the emulsion tube is wrong or there's blockage
somewhere.
Progression port restrictions and idle jet(s) blockage is fairly common
if air filters not fitted. With out
doing anything else, screw out the IDLE screws a turn or so each, engine
running this time, you should get a noticable change in warm idle
quality as the mix gets richer, if the idle speed picks up try to keep
it below 1000 rpm (The 10 on your tachometer.)by backing out the
throttle stop screws.

PRINT this and go check.Let us know what you find..........DK ...Later.