* More Questions ! *

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * More Questions ! *
From: "Brazinski, Wayne" <Wayne_Brazinski@compuware.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:23:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi again everyone.  Many thanks for the previous Reponses to my "Track your
Triumph" question.  I have a "process" type question this time.

I'm planning on removing and repairing body panels (fenders etc.) one at a
time and replacing against the surrounding parts to ensure I keep a fit.  I
have already removed the front passenger fender and am ready to gently
sandblast ready for repair.  Here are my questions:

1) What can I use for Undercoat?  I don't know what the final paint will be,
and was hoping to be able to spray something myself to keep costs down.  I
don't want to leave the repaired parts lying around to rust again.

2) If I coat the seams and repair spots with POR 15 (for future rust
protection) and it dries will it accept paint on top?  I know you can sand
it with 600 grade paper, but have any of you had any experience with it?

3) The replacement steel is 20 gauge, right?

Thanks a million everyone.

Wayne