(no subject)

To: msecrest@erols.com
Subject: (no subject)
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:25:53 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:23:45 -0500
Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Wrote: Subject: Triumphs in (Record) Liner Notes

Hmm.  I think I have found the only documented reference to a Triumph
on a record.

The album (to which I am listening at this moment) is Little Feat's
"Waiting for Columbus" (1978).  On the jacket, Lowell George writes,
in concluding his liner notes:

bob said to joe I gotta go
joe said to lowell i never
knew a spitfire was so slow

Apologies to Spit drivers notwithstanding, it appears Lowell George
(God rest his soul) was a Spit driver!  But not a big believer in
punctuation. :-\

- --
Martin Secrest
Erstwhile 74 Spitfire
72 TR6
73 GT6

Martin et all,
If I remember correctly,
Kate Bush sang of "my black Spitfire" in one of her late 1970's songs
(I cannot presently recall which one)
It may have been a reference to a spitfire aircraft of course?

Léon
(in sad 70's throwback mode!)