Re: Trailing arm bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailing arm bushings
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@west.sun.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:21:45 -0800 (PST)
 Whoa there boy's!
 I used the poly bushings from NPNW and after 6 months they "ovaled out"
 on me! I used grease on'em so that may have affected them. I have
 installed new ones w/o grease from the same supplier and haven't checked
 them yet to see if they have "ovaled out" or not.
 My advise is to use the "updated rubber" ones from TRF.

 -jimb

> It has been suggested to "grease" the trailing arm bushings. I caution you
> about the use of grease with the rubber bushings. It will soften the rubber.
>
> My opinion, after putting in brand new rubber bushings then replacing them
> with poly ones from BPNW, FORGET the rubber! Use only the poly. I noticed a
> tremendous reduction in the "Triumph Twitch." When installing use plenty of
> anti-seize compound (or grease) to eliminate the possibility of squeaking,
> it should not affect the poly.
>
> Mike Cline

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.    ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                   ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##