Re: Trailing arm bushings

To: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@west.sun.com>
Subject: Re: Trailing arm bushings
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:19:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I wanted to thank everyone who gave me some great recs for the process of
pulling
out the trailing arms.

Jim,   This bushing thing is interesting. I never knew there were so many kinds,
but I've learned about the Nylatron bushings, the Polys, and the Up-rated rubber
bushings.  I've been digging around the list archives and reviewing some great
old
discussions about this too, and talking to suppliers.  I have heard the Polys
last
long, and that the Nylatrons will do something similar to what you experienced
and
should be used for racing with recurrent bushing replacements rather than years
of
use.  I understood the Polys can make noise, give good control, but the ride is
tiny bit harder than rubber??  The old regular rubber bushings are suppose to be
inferior and needing regular replacement.  Since I'm trying to keep a stock
touring ride/no racing, I chose the up-rated rubber bushings as listed in Moss.

Hope I made the right choice, as I have been replacing the half axles, shocks,
damper arms, springs and now bushings.  Amazing how many choices there can be
with
some of the parts, and everyone has their favorite.  Thanks, D. Michael - Time
get down n' dirty with the rear suspension on my TR6