Re: What SU carbs for TR6? or Hitachis? What about a TR4?

To: <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>, <EUSSIMO@am1.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: What SU carbs for TR6? or Hitachis? What about a TR4?
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:10:59 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>
To: EUSSIMO@am1.ericsson.se <EUSSIMO@am1.ericsson.se>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 7:24 PM

>Absolutely! In fact I believe the TR4A's all had SU HS6's. Early TR4's all
>had SU H6's - same carbs as TR3-3A's. I think you may have to do something
>with the choke cable, though. Not sure of difference. H6's are almost a
bolt
>on replacement.

Many TR4A's came with Strombergs. Those Strombergs used the same linkage as
the H6 SU's that came on TR4's. Those 4A's that came with SU's had HS6 SU's,
which require a completely different and difficult to find linkage.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
66 TR4A CT52499 (came with Strombergs, now had HS6 SU's)
Highland Park, IL