Front suspension seals

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension seals
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:52:04 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
About a year ago, I rebuilt the front suspension on my TR-3A with bushing
kit from TRF.  The car has been in the garage since - I'm still finishing
the body.  Most of the lower wishbone rubber seals have now completely split
apart.  I called TRF, and the guy I talked to said he had no knowledge of
there being a problem with these particular seals, said they had not changed
materials or suppliers recently, and did not offer a free replacement.  The
cost of new seals is minimal (about fifty cents each), it's the time to tear
everything apart again just to replace essentially new seals that irritates
me.  My question (finally), is:  Has anyone had better luck with seals from
other suppliers such as Moss or VB?  I really don't want to do this a third
time.

Thanks, Dennis

PS, I'm not bashing TRF - I've had great dealings with them in the past, and
will continue to do business with them.