Re: Front suspension seals

To: DLambert@anaheim.net
Subject: Re: Front suspension seals
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:03:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Try the guys at British Parts Northwest.  I got the bushing kit for my
TR-6 there a couple of years ago, and so far, so good.  Nice guys and
willing to work with you and talk you through any part of your
installation.

Joe Burlein

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:52:04 -0800 Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
writes:

> About a year ago, I rebuilt the front suspension on my TR-3A with
> bushing
> kit from TRF.  The car has been in the garage since - I'm still
> finishing
> the body.  Most of the lower wishbone rubber seals have now
> completely split
> apart.  I called TRF, and the guy I talked to said he had no
> knowledge of
> there being a problem with these particular seals, said they had not
> changed
> materials or suppliers recently, and did not offer a free
> replacement.  The
> cost of new seals is minimal (about fifty cents each), it's the time
> to tear
> everything apart again just to replace essentially new seals that
> irritates
> me.  My question (finally), is:  Has anyone had better luck with
> seals from
> other suppliers such as Moss or VB?  I really don't want to do this
> a third
> time.
>
> Thanks, Dennis
>
> PS, I'm not bashing TRF - I've had great dealings with them in the
> past, and
> will continue to do business with them.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.