resolution of stuck fastners. Yet another example of Ken's stupidity

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: resolution of stuck fastners. Yet another example of Ken's stupidity
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:07:03 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
In case any one is curious, the stuck steel screws in the aluminum wheels
ended up being a real comedy of errors, and example of never assume anything
and not all that difficult.

In the end, much to my embarrassment the wheel caps were plastic.  Once
those were sacrificed (and I'm not sure they really are) getting the
fasteners out simply involved a lot of penetrating oil and a pair of vise
grips.  The funny part is that I spent the better part of two evenings
working on the assumption that they were sheet metal and trying to save
them.  I did not realize they were plastic until I put the fire wrench on
them and they started distorting.  Oh well, I wanted to buy that hand impact
driver anyway :)

Ken Gano