Re: Suspension seals

To: Truimph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension seals
From: Gene Sanders <sanders@unlimited.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:39:46 -0800
I totally disagree with the one of the reasons these seals fail is non
use. (use it or lose it)
I recently finished my compete front suspension and ready to go to the
next job on my restoration, when about two weeks later almost all the
seals broke off and fell to the floor.
I plan to get new ones and replace them while the body is off and it's
fairly easy to do.
These things are hardly more than dust covers and don't move or have any
part rotate inside.   There is no comparison to a lip or O ring seal
that sometimes causes problems because of non use.  They should easily
take the little stretch to cover the washers/spacers. The ones I
installed was just a very poor quality synthetic material that I could
cut into with my fingernail.

Gene
60 TR3A