Re: door locks

To: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Subject: Re: door locks
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:41:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jonathan,
        For me, this has always been one of those little jobs that is a real
pain in the ass. Obviously, you must remove the inside door panel and
either raise or lower (it's been a while and I don't recall which) the
glass to gain access to the inside of the lock. On either side of the
lock cylinder are spring clips which must be pressed in while the lock
is pushed out. Sounds simple, and maybe for some it is, but for me it
it's a bear. A word of warning, the door skins are fairly thin and if
your patience runs out and brute force is used you can bend the metal
around the locks easily. Ask me how I know.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U